Pick an interest
Despite its small size, “Cham,” as the locals call it has one of Europe’s best nightlife scenes. “Après-ski” culture was born in the Alps, so you can only imagine how rowdy the Chamonix nightlife can get. Its renown as one of the world’s best resorts for expert skiers and skiers attracts a wide variety of people, from celebrities to van-living ski bums, so no matter who you are you’ll find an array of nightlife options from affordable beers to cutting-edge mixology cocktails, and of course, top-notch French wine. Be sure to check out the Chamonix nightlife publication, Le Petit Canard, to see what’s going on.
Chamonix is a place where you ski hard and then play even harder off the slopes. With so many options you do need to know where to go. Here’s Ski.com’s Chamonix après-ski picks:
The Rhododendrons, which also doubles as an affordable hotel, is conveniently located at the Flégère base area—less than 500 feet—and offers live music and is ideal for young people looking for cheap drinks.
• MBC for local microbrews and live music.
• Lapin Agile for tasty Italian small plates and exceptional wine choices.
• Cantina Club, The Garage, Moneky Bar, Le Vert and The Jekyll offers some of Chamonix’s best dance parties.
• No Escape and Soul Food offer a chic atmosphere and extravagant cocktails.
• Chambre Neuf has a live band at 5 p.m., and gets packed, so get there early.
If you’ve had your fill of late evenings and early mornings, then take it easy one of the nights during your stay and catch a flick at Cinema Vox.
To learn more about Chamonix nightlife call, or chat with, one of Ski.com’s knowledgeable Mountain Vacation Specialists.